The Town of Fordoche Mayor is the chief administrator of the Town and is elected by the people. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all town departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by Town Council
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the Town operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the Town
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Mayor also works to develop the Town's annual budget, works with other administrators in the region, and performs other duties.