- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Public Notices
- Payment Options
- Building/Culverts Permits
- Contact Us
Trash/garbage pickup is provided by Pelican Waste.
Everyone within the city limits is required to have garbage collection.
Most trash and debris, when properly bundled and/or contained properly, can be disposed of at curbside. If assistance is needed or you have questions for the town, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For questions specific to trash or monthly collections, please call Waste Connections directly at (225) 383-1620.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the garbage collection days for my street?
Garbage collection is every Tuesday and Friday. Remember, observed holidays may alter the normal routine.
When are white goods and bulky waste collected?
Monthly Collection of White Goods and Bulky Waste
- Pickups are on the 1st full week and 3rd week of the month for the following areas:
- Lettsworth, Innis, Batchelor, Morganza, Fordoche, Livonia, Lottie, Blanks and Maringouin.
- Pickups are on the 2nd and 4th week of the month for the following areas:
- LaBarre, Waterloo, Lakeland, Glynn, Ventress, Jarreau, Torbert, Oscar and Rougon.
If there is a large amount of debris, the contractor will continue into the next week until it is all removed.
Contractors do not pick up the following:
- Any debris under low hanging power lines
- Contractor debris – contractors must arrange for a job-site dumpster or remove themselves
- No commercial debris will be picked up (debris from businesses)
Please contact the Parish Council for questions or concerns. 225-638-9556